Click here to download the installation guide for this product.
Click here to download the cut sheet/specifications for this product.
IES Files/Other Downloads
Download IES files
Have a question and don't see the answer below? Click here to chat with an LED expert.
- How long is the lead length on a normal strip light?
- Every strip light is made with 6" wire leads on both ends of the 16.4' reel of lights. This allows you to cut the strip light anywhere and utilize both ends for your project.
- How many wires are used on an RGB color changing strip light?
- RGB Strip lights use 4 wires. One wire for each color Red, Green, Blue and one wire for Black(+) positive.
- How do I make my CCT strip light change color?
- You will need a CCT controller or a DMX color changing setup to make your RGB strip light change color. For specific questions about your application, feel free to chat with one of our LED lighting experts.
- Should I choose Standard Brightness or Ultra Bright?
- This is a personal preference and depends on your application. If your application requires a high or more bright lighting or if you are trying to light a larger area, go with Ultra Bright as the light will spread farther and appear brighter. If you are using these as more of an accent light and not a focal point, go with Standard Bright. If you are unsure, go with Ultra Bright and use the dimming function on your controller to allow you to choose your own brightness once installed.
- Do I need Waterproof, Water Resistant or Non-Waterproof?
- To select the right LED strip light, consider your application. If it is going to be used outdoors where it will be exposed to rain, humidity or moisture go with the Waterproof. The Waterproof strip lights are completely encased in silicone and can be submersed under water. They are also more resilient to heavy traffic or abuse because of this protection layer. If it will be used indoors near a sink or in a location where it might occasionally get splashed, or under a covered roof outdoors where it will be protected from most moisture, go with Water Resistant. If you are using it indoors and there is no chance of direct water or moisture exposure, the Non-Waterproof will be your best bet.
- What lengths are available? What if I need longer than 16.4'?
- All of our strip lights are manufactured to 16.4' (5 Meters) but they can be daisy chained together. For high volume, special orders can be made custom to length. Call or chat for more information. For specific questions about your application, feel free to chat with one of our LED lighting experts.
- Can I connect multiple strip lights together?
- Yes, you can but the distance you can run will depend on the voltage you select. If you plan to run more than 16 feet select 24VDC strip lights and you can run up to 32 feet or 2 full reels daisy chained together. If you plan to cut your strip lights and are looking for pre-made connectors to avoid soldering, check out our Strip Light Connectors and make your install easier. Your application may also require signal amplifiers/repeaters depending on the distance you are running from your controller. For specific questions about your application, feel free to chat with one of our LED lighting experts.
- How do I connect my strip lights to the power supply?
- On the strip light, there are four wires; a red, green and blue wire and a black (+) wire. These wires will screw into the terminals on your controller corresponding to their color. Your power supply will have a line(+) and neutral(-) wire that will also connect to your controller.
- What gauge wire should I use to run between my strip light and my power supply?
- This depends on the distance between your strip light and the power supply. We generally recommend using between 18ga and 14ga stranded wire. Longer distances require larger gauge wire. Always consult a wire gauge chart to determine the correct size wire for your application and remember that you will need to run 4 wires for RGB Color Changing lights.
Why Choose aspectLED?
Our LED experts are always here to help! Whether you need assistance designing your lighting plan or installing your products, we're standing by to assist!
High quality LED products are what we're known for. You can rest assured knowing that our manufacturing facilities are inspected quarterly by
Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
Sales and gimmicks aren't part of our business model. We've built our business on offering our best value to every customer, every day.
We stock all of our most popular products and typically ship the same day or next day. For items that we build just for you, our streamlined production process allows us to build your lights in days or weeks, not months.
Want to get in-touch with us?
aspectLED, a Wilson Tool Company
4900 Constellation Drive
Saint Paul, MN 55127 USA
Chat with an LED expert